Lulu often has coupons (check here & here) so you can get your RPG fix a bit cheaper than usual. But what to buy? Here’s a list of things that I like.
I recommend changing the LULU storefront to the US store (for USD) or the Ireland store (for €) because they have the best coupons.
I’m listing the paper book option, but sometimes there are ebooks or hardcovers available as well.
If you are interested in some more lists, check out Martin Ralya’s recommendations (OSR and other stuff), Tim Short’s list (OSR) or Wayne Rossi’s page (OSR).
- 3d6 In Order a small and complete retro-clone, “the rightful successor to Holmes Blue Book”
- Advanced Adventure Compendium 1 tons of old-school modules for OSRIC, the quality of the adventures does vary, but overall it’s a sweet collection
- Advanced Adventure Compendium 2
- Advanced Adventure Compendium 3
- Basic Fantasy one of the first retro-clones out there, it’s based on the 3.5 SRD with ascending armor class etc. – rules-lite and open-source, free PDFs and at-cost books; also check out Amazon!
- Blood & Treasure the “rosetta stone” of OSR, contains everything from OD&D up till 3.x, very easy to tinker with
- Bloody Basic a stripped down version of Blood & Treasure, modeled more after B/X, there are also other versions available (i.e. Weird Fantasy edition), my review here
- Book of Lairs a collection of 26 lairs with accompanying colour maps, several new monsters, with illustrations
- CC1: Creature Compendium great flavorful monster book with 200 individual monsters
- Crimson Blades 2 RPG dark fantasy/sword & sorcery role-playing with a modified version of Swords & Wizardry/Woodland Warriors by Simon Washbourne, PDF available at DrivethruRPG (affiliate link)
- D30 DM Companion tools and tables for the sandbox GM
- D30 Sandbox Companion tools and tables for the sandbox GM
- Deep Carbon Observatory OSR adventure
- Dyson's Delves books with adventures and maps by the most famous old school mapper
- Epées & Sorcellerie (English translation) a spin of the original D&D from 1974 with a heavy influence of Chainmail and some own interpretations by author Nicolas Dessaux, uses only 2d6, free pdf
- Fire on the Velvet Horizon an interesting monster book check out the review by Save vs. Partykill: review
- Hack & Slash Compendium I collected works of the Hack & Slash blog
- Hack & Slash Compendium II
- Hack & Slash Compendium III
- Heroes And Other Worlds a retro-clone and remix of The Fantasy Trip with Moldvay’s B/X, supplements and adventures are available as well
- Labyrinth Lord: Revised Edition a straight retro-clone of the B/X 1981 version of D&D
- Low Fantasy Gaming 180 pages gritty fantasy OSR game (softcover) or hardcover, free PDF
- Mischievous Monsters low-level adventure for LotFP, review by Tim Shorts
- old school adventures by Corey Ryan Walden
- Pits & Perils an original OSR game (not a retro-clone) with a charming layout and very simple rules, supplements Fires & Foes & Infernal Realms are also available
- Retrophaze 8-bit-roleplaying with d6s: free pdf, here is a review by Jeff Moore
- Seven Voyages of Zylarthen a “neo-clone” on the basis of the original 1974 version but with own changes to re-imagine the game (no clerics!). Free pdfs. It has a recommendation from the Save or Die Podcast.
- Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells lightweight Sword & Sorcery, PWYW PDF (affiliate link)
- Swords & Wizardry Whitebox a retro-clone of the original D&D from 1974, free PDF
- Teratic Tome OSRIC-compatible strange bestiary
- The Dungeon Dozen a book with lots of cool and weird random tables by Jason Sholtis
- The Hero's Journey Fantasy Roleplaying, PWYW PDF (affiliate link)
- The Rad-Hack a game set in a weird, post apocalyptic future where Mutants, Robots, Psionics and Humans team up against the dangers of the wasteland in search of Tech, Slugs and Adventure! PDF (affiliate link), LULU print copy here, free SRD here
- White Box unofficial S&W WhiteBox with some changes: PWYW PDF (affiliate link), LULU print: b&w cover, color covers
- Whitehack an OD&D-retro-clone with some modern twists, very rules-lite, check out my review series
- Woodland Warriors a fork of Swords & Wizardry using only d6s and playing critters. Author: Simon Washbourne – WIN!