Stuff That Might See a Review
- Macchiato Monsters Zero by Eric Nieudan: an OSR-3rd-generation-style mix of The Black Hack (TBH) and Whitehack
- Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells (aff, PWYW): Sword & Sorcery with TBH and Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC)
- Hubris by Mike Evans (aff): a weird fucked-up fantasy world for DCC – I’m mostly interested in using the system-neutral territories for adventure prep
More Things That Are Interesting
- Troika! by Daniel Sells: “a response to decrepit UK RPGs […], rebuilt without sentimentality, corpses of darlings litter the streets”
- Black Pudding #1 by J.V. West (aff, PWYW): a light-hearted, cartoonish OSR zine with simple, adaptable rules
- Maze Rats by Ben Milton (aff, PWYW): a minimalist OSR dungeon-crawler, uses 2d6 and comes with lots of random tables
- Low Fantasy Gaming by S. J. Grodzicki (free PDF): a d20 OSR game on 184 pages
- How I Run Into the Odd by Chris McDowall (blog post): I’m still searching for a good low-friction way to prep a game. Chris has some good advice.
- In Darkest Warrens by Scott Malthouse (aff, PWYW): minimalist fantasy game on 2 pages
- Sorcerers & Sellswords by Ray Otus (free): this rules-lite one-pager will get a German translation by Thorsten, Norbert and me
I wrote a minimalist solo RPG framework called Miso RPG. It is a work in progress but I plan to share it in the next few days.
Keywords: rules-lite, freeform
And What About This Blog
The site got a fresh coat of paint. The new theme loads faster. The menu is easier to navigate.
Server and database have been struggling the last few days. My admin is looking into it.
I will write more. This blog lay dormant for a while because I was concentrating on family life and other matters. But I realize I miss role-playing games too much.