This is an actual play write-up of my solo adventure using the Fate-inspired lightweight F# role playing system in a WuXing setting. It’s a solely aspect driven game.
WuXing is a d20-based ninja rpg by Eloy Lasanta. It features a Naruto/Avatar(The Last Airbender)/Ancient China setting, Wuxia-style. So, I really like the setting, I think Eloy did a great job on the different ninja clans, but I didn’t want to use the native Dynamic Gaming System because it requires a bit of book-keeping and I’m still very new to solo gaming.
Thus I decided to mash it up!
John Fiore’s solo engine the 9Qs provides an adventure framework for me.
Wuxia-Action, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Geishas, Samurai & Sake!
Ninja crusade against the Izou Empire!
Death can come in the blink of an eye!
Characters & Heroic Motivation
Ishitaku Genzen, Hidden Strands Of Fate
tall, knavish, good-looking young ninja from one of the most influential families of the Strands
– ninja wunderkind (1)
– “You are my puppets on a string and I am your puppet master.” (1)
– “Nah. Been there, done that.” (1)
– knight in shining armor(1)
– “Money talks.” (1)
– best served with alcohol (1)
1. friend: his father, Ishitaku Taiko, clan leader’s adviser
2. foe: his older half-brother, Ishitaku Kuro
3. short-term goal: gain fame to strengthen his position in the clan
4. long-term goal: become clan leader
Kaizen Hikari, Virtuous Body Gardeners
medium-sized, chubby and friendly, sharp wits, bold
– “Should I show you my ink?” (1)
– all thumbs (1)
– “I want to make history, not record it!” (1)
– living lie detector (1)
– “I think I know someone….” (1)
– Robin Hood syndrome (1)
1. friend: Odoroki Chen, Blazing Dancer
2. foe: Tsabuki Tsutomu, Pack Of The Black Moon, killed her mother
3. short-term goal: play a part in the acquisition of land from the Pack Of The Black Moon
4. long-term goal: kill Tsabuki Tsutomu
“Let’s prove ourselves to our ninja-senpais & bring glory and fame to the name of the ninjas! The Izou Regime must fall!”
That’s it for now. As I’m tinkering around with my blog I changed this post because I don’t want such a “wall of text”.
Next, Qs 1-3…